A home away from home
Eibhlin (Irish for Eileen) means ‘light’ it is the perfect name for this cottage in Hobart, situated in historic Battery Point, Hobart – the capital city of Tasmania.
Eibhlin at a Glance
– Three bedroom Hobart 1920s cottage with fully equipped kitchen, 2.5 bathrooms, two living areas,separate laundry and double garage.
– One king size bedroom with king bed (this can be split into two king singles if requested).
– One queen size bedroom with queen size bed.
– One queen size bedroom with large French double bed.
– Bathroom 1: Contains spa bath, separate shower, basin, toilet and hairdryer.
– Bathroom 2: with bath, shower, toilet, basin and hairdryer.
– Cleaning service included.
– Fully equipped laundry with front loader washing machine, clothes dryer(2),laundry sink iron and ironing board.(there is room to dry clothes in the garden)
– Large living area with sofa, chairs, dining table for six, television, music system.
– Second living area with library, television, sofa and grandfather chair.
– Fully equipped kitchen with fridge, microwave oven, dishwasher, 4 hob electric oven. The kitchen easily caters for a party of six or more.
– All linen provided.
– Outdoor deck with views.
– Double garage.
– Small Garden.
– Close to restaurants and Salamanca.
Welcome to Eibhlin, situated between the mountain and the water’s edge, with glorious views of both. You can relax on the back deck and enjoy the ever-changing coastal light across the boat filled Sandy Bay, as the weather moves across the Island and watch the sun go down behind majestic Mount Wellington.
Eibhlin is both stylish and comfortable. It’s a classic Hobart home with a modern comfortable finish. It’s located in the trendy hub of Hobart’s historic Battery Point, where great care is taken to keep Battery Point as original and close to its early settlement as possible.
Battery Point is also home to some of the finest food, coffee shops and restaurants in Hobart. Eibhlin is within walking distance of Salamanca Cove as well as the city itself. It is only 20 minutes (approx) from the airport.
You enter Eibhlin on the first floor directly into the open plan living area that is the lounge, dining and kitchen. It’s fabulous for entertaining as a group, as it’s large and opens out onto the summer deck that has views of Sandy Bay yachts to the left and Mount Wellington to the right.
If you can bear to stop looking at the glorious view, you’ll notice the fully equipped kitchen that can host a dinner for 6 or more. The kitchen is a light, bright room complete with 4 hob electric stove and oven, microwave, extractor fan, dishwasher and a fabulous new refrigerator that will keep your Tasmanian white wines nice and cool!
The lounge room has a wonderful comfortable Ralph Lauren sofa and chair – and is the perfect spot for relaxing with an evening drink while catching up with the day’s news. There’s also a DVD player and music stereo system. Open the French doors and go out onto the wide deck overlooking the Bay. There’s an outdoor table and chairs to seat six for warm sunny evenings. On this level there is also a very large bathroom that contains a separate shower, toilet, wash basin and large spa. There’s also a separate powder room.
Upstairs are two beautifully interior designed bedrooms with quality bed linen. At the top of the stairs on the right is a large ‘sage’ bedroom that contains two king single beds that will zip together to make a king bed. There are two dormer windows facing both North and South with fabulous district views to the water. The sun streams through the windows in the morning.
The sunny ‘blue’ bedroom on the left contains a French country double bed, decorated with soft blue Laura Ashley linen. The sun steams through the dormer windows that look over the glorious view to Sandy Bay, plus a lovely French provincial desk.
Go two floors down to the ground level and you’ll find a beautiful ‘cream’ bedroom, with queen sized French bed, massive wardrobe space, bedside cabinets, and tallboy.
Here you’ll find another cosy sitting room that has a cream sofa made to sink into while you read. On the bookshelves there is a library of books and DVD’s. Sit in the grandfather chair and watch a movie – as there’s a large television and DVD player.
This property also has a fully equipped laundry with front loader washing machine, dryer and sink. There is a second dryer in the garage. A second fully equipped bathroom with bath, shower and toilet. Hairdryers are in the cupboard.
Eibhlin is a lovely comfortable family home of very high quality furnishings and ambience. We like to maintain it to a high standard and require tenants to maintain a high level of care.